We've got you covered
Before your first visit, please check the status of your orthodontic coverage, so that we will be able to give you a complete financial assessment. If you have orthodontic coverage, we file the claims for you, and if you don’t, we’re happy to work with you and even look into becoming a provider for your plan.
During your free consultation, our team will guide you through financial options. We craft affordable treatment plans, whether you have insurance or not. In fact, only about 25% of our patients have insurance, so if you don’t have insurance – no problem.
How to prepare:
Call the customer service number on the back of your card and verify:
- That Birmingham Orthodontics is “In Network”
- That you have orthodontic coverage – orthodontic coverage is an additional add on benefit that is not included on all dental plans. If you do have coverage, ask what your lifetime maximum is and how much of it is remaining.
- That there is not a dental waiting period that will need to be met before – sometimes there is a waiting period for orthodontic coverage.
- That there is not an age limit on the person receiving benefits – sometimes coverage is only for those 18 and under.
Complete and sign the insurance information sheet in full- it is very important to complete the form with accurate information so we can properly file the insurance for you.
How we apply payments
- We file insurance the day braces are placed because we cannot file before actual treatment begins.
- Payments are applied to the contract to reduce the overall contract total and the total number of monthly payments, while monthly payments remain the same.
- We currently process patient refunds twice a month.
- If any overpayment is made on your account, we refund your account in a timely manner.
Insurers we work with:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Central States
- Connection Dental (GEHA)
- Delta Dental
- Dental Network of America
- Humana Dental
- Lincoln Financial Group
- Metlife Tricare Dental Program
- Renaissance Dental Network
- United Concordia