Straight to the Point
If you’re looking for the short answer to today’s topic, “Does early intervention make a difference,” then you’re in luck. Yes, it absolutely can make a difference. In fact, if you’re satisfied with a simple yes and are ready to invest in your child’s smile today, then schedule their FREE consultation right now. However, if you’d like to learn more about how and why early intervention is important, or even what early intervention means and how it could save you money, then please, read on.
What is early intervention and why should I care?
This entire topic basically comes down to a single question: “What is the right age to see an orthodontist?” While you may associate braces with preteens or teenagers, early intervention typically refers to performing orthodontic treatment or evaluations on patients between the ages of 5 and 10.
Five years old? Really? Yes, really. Though you may be tempted to base the decision of when to bring your child in on when a sibling or even a neighbor’s kid needed braces, the fact is, every mouth is different. While your neighbor brought their child in at 13 your child’s mouth is quite different from theirs. To eliminate the guess work, below are some factors that could help you determine the best time to bring yours in.
So, just when is the right age to see an orthodontist?
Like almost every other medical question, the answer to this is ‘it depends’. But while there isn’t a magic number, there are some clues as to when to come in early. And though your child’s dentist will hopefully be on the lookout for these warning signs too, it’s always nice to be prepared with some extra knowledge.
Early Treatment Warning Signs:
- • Crowding of teeth
- • Crookedness
- • Rapid loss of baby teeth
- • Abnormal spacing
- • Pronounced overbite/underbite
The Bottom Line: It’s better to be safe (and save) than sorry.
If you or your child’s dentist have spotted any of the warning signs mentioned above, we highly recommend bringing your child in earlier rather than later, and here’s why.
- • It’s Free: Whether or not it’s determined that your child needs treatment, their first consultation is completely free! You literally have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Schedule one today!
- • It’s Hassle-Free, too: With four convenient locations, no-wait appointments, and Friday hours, getting your little one in and out is so easy it’ll make you smile 🙂
- • It’s Financially Beneficial: If it’s determined that your child isn’t quite ready for treatment, our Youth Savings Program lets you lock in rates now, and even lets you start paying for treatment immediately—with a 100% money-back guarantee if you decide to go somewhere else for treatment. Unique to Birmingham Orthodontics, our Youth Savings Program is truly a nothing-to-lose program!
- • It’s Potentially Critical: While most dentists are likely to catch obvious warning signs, they can miss some. Simply put, the earlier an orthodontist can complete a an evaluation of your child’s smile, the better they can outline a treatment plan that will have the greatest effect. Catching something early could even shorten the time your little one is in braces.
Where Do We Go From Here…
Regardless of the ‘When’, the ‘How’ of getting your child the smile they deserve remains the same— scheduling an initial consultation. That’s because, as we mentioned above, at Birmingham Orthodontics, we offer that first visit for free at any of our four convenient locations. We know orthodontic treatment can be a lot to think about and that there are several unknowns about the processes. We’re here to answer any questions or concerns. Seriously, please reach out. We’d be glad to help in any way.
Schedule your first visit today, and Smile More with Birmingham Orthodontics!
At Birmingham Orthodontics, our mission is simple: we create smiles. Not only do we straighten the crooked grin, fix the bite, and adjust the jaw, we brighten yearbooks, and instill confidence. We also believe in our staff. Our culture of continuous learning drives us to host monthly training sessions for each team member and bring in leading industry consultants to help keep us ahead of the curve. Contact us for a free consultation, or with any questions you might have.